- INFORMATION ABOUT US
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act“), we are a data controller. Our data protection registration number is ZA198147.
- INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site, including by applying to participate in a Pitch@Palace event or initiative, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
The information you give us may include your name, address, any other contact details you choose to share with us, and any personal details in respect of your business, entrepreneurship and story that form part of you Pitch@Palace application (the “Pitch Information”). This may include members of your team and their own personal data, so we ask that you only submit this information with their knowledge and consent.
Information we collect about you over the Site. With regard to each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect technical information about your visit to the site, including browser information and streaming speed.
Photographs and films of Pitch@Palace events. Should you and/or members of your team or business be invited to a Pitch@Palace event, such events may be photographed or filmed and the results used as part of publicising Pitch@Palace.
Please note that you can activate the setting on your Internet browser to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your Internet browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
- USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information, including any contact details you provide:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any application you make or any other information, products, offers and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about events and initiatives we are putting on that are similar to those that you have already participated in or enquired about, including follow-up events and alumni events;
- to seek your feedback on our events and initiatives and your experience of them;
- to notify you about changes to our events and initiatives; and
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may contact you by email, telephone or post according to what contact details you have provided and any preferences you have indicated to us.
In respect of the Pitch Information, this will be used for the purposes of the selection of suitable candidates to participate and for administering the subsequent process, including the “Boot Camp”, networking and event stages. This information will be used and shared in accordance with this policy and, if your business is selected to compete, in accordance with our terms and conditions of applying.
Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- staff at The Duke of York’s Office in the administration of our initiatives and activities;
- sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (for example our IT providers);
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site;
- selectors, judges, mentors and partners who need to see your Pitch Information for the purposes of selecting or judging an event, vote or competition;
- other competition entrants or potential business contacts at official events for networking purposes;
- where you have been selected for Boot Camp and are entered into a People’s Choice competition subject to a public vote, we may share some of your Pitch Information online via our website with site users and other members of the public;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreement with you, or to protect our rights, property, or safety or those of any third party. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- If you opt to use a social media plug-in, for example to interact with us on Facebook or Twitter via the site, please be aware you will be potentially sharing your information with a third party over whom we have no control.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may store your information via a customer relations management system or cloud-based provided outside the EEA, such as in the United States of America. We shall ensure in such instance that your rights and freedoms as a data subject area appropriately respected and protected, including in terms of data security.
- YOUR RIGHTS
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We want to make sure that you are completely happy with the ways in which we hold and use your personal data. If at any time you wish to check, update or amend your personal data or preferences, please contact us where stated below.